Did you know we’re raffling off four passes to Charmingfare Farm’s Lighted Winter Wonderland?
Getting raffle tickets is easy: for every program your child attends from now until December 12th, he or she will receive one raffle ticket. We’ll hold a drawing at the end of the second week of December to see who the lucky winner is. This is a fantastic prize! The Lighted Winter Wonderland is a magical sleigh ride through the grounds of Charmingfare Farm. You’ll get to see lots of trees and buildings lit up with sparkling Christmas lights, as well as meet a cast of wintery characters, including Santa himself!
Come to any regular storytime to get a ticket, as well as our afternoon programs, including Tuesday holiday crafts on the 3rd and 10th, LEGO club and elf training on the 5th, and sugar cone Christmas trees on the 12th.
Please call the Children’s Room for more information, or come to a program to find out more!
It’s nearly Thanksgiving, where has the time gone?
We’ve still got a few tricks up our sleeves before the December holidays keep everyone busy, busy, busy!
Whether your child is interested in music, crafts, stories, or clubs (book club and LEGO club), we’ve got something for everyone as the weather turns chilly. Come warm up in the library with a good book or a fun activity!
Some things to look forward to:
- ELF TRAINING! This is a registration-only activity, so visit our calendar to sign up.
- Patchwork Quilts! Make a paper quilt with Miss Eileen, and sing fun songs about quilts.
- Storytimes and Bookclubs! Inkheart or The Cricket in Times Square, anyone?
- Drop-in crafts!
October is one of our favorite months here in the Children’s Room! As we spend the month gearing up for the main event (One Spooky Night!), we invite you to join us for all of our fall-themed fun!
What is there to do this month?
- Decorate a pumpkin for our pumpkin patch!
- Use your hands to create spooky Halloween-themed origami with Mr. Evan this Thursday at 3:30!
- Become a paranormal investigator with Miss Kathy on October 17th and learn all you ever wanted to know about Bigfoot, Nessie, and the Bermuda Triangle!
- Help our furry friends gather their winter food by making squirrel feeders with Miss Courtney on Saturday, October 19th.
- Check our events tab above for ALL of our awesome October programs, including book clubs and storytimes!
Then, prepare for ONE SPOOKY NIGHT, our annual Halloween celebration, on Wednesday, October 23rd! Scary stories for grownups, shadow puppets for all ages, and lots of prizes (and surprises) to be had by all. Kids, wear your costumes (grown-ups can, too!). The fun begins at 6:30 pm!
Enjoy these pictures of last year’s One Spooky Night while you patiently wait for this year’s celebration!