We’ve officially switched to our SUMMER READING 2014 website! Check us out there for all the great information on our programs, storytimes, and of course, our reading incentives! There are lots of great prizes to be earned, raffles to be won, and a trophy for the school with the most Summer Reading participants who read 40 books or 20 hours. We’ll also post all our Summer Reading photos to the new website, so make you’ve got it bookmarked!
Remember our Spring Reading Challenge that began all the way back in March? Back then, May 31st seemed a long time away, but now it’s just around the corner! Remember to fill out and bring in your spring reading logs (they have either dinosaurs or detectives) prior the the end of next week in order to redeem your prizes. The prizes are awesome, and include the following:
- a coupon for 1 free children’s book from the Friends of the Library book sale
- 1 free slice of pizza from Papa Gino’s
- 1 free kid’s meal from D’Angelo’s
- a cool flying disk toy
All of the above can be yours if you bring in your completed log by Saturday, May 31st!
**STORYTIME UPDATE: Miss Eileen’s Mother Goose on the Loose is canceled for this Thursday, May 22nd. We invite you to join us again on June 26th when it starts back up.**
It’s May! It’s warm! And our 2014 Summer Reading Program is just around the corner!
But, before we can fully welcome the summer, we’ve still got a few great springtime programs up our sleeves:
- We will continue to have 10 a.m. storytimes until May 22nd. After that, we’ll take a break! Morning storytimes will resume on June 23rd.
- Love to play music? Join Miss Eileen for a very musical morning this Saturday, May 17th at 11:00 am! Hear the story of Musical Max, then learn to play some of your own tunes with our instruments. Children ages 4-8 are invited to participate.
- Early Chapter Readers Book Club is currently reading the first book of the Ivy + Bean series. If you’d like to join, please call the Children’s Room and let us know! They’ll be meeting on Tuesday, May 20th at 3:30.
- Jaxie the dog is coming for a visit! She is a therapy dog who knows lots of tricks and would love your help in completing an obstacle course. Meet her on Thursday, May 22nd at 3:30.
Summer Reading sneak peek:
- This year’s theme is FIZZ! BOOM! READ! and, as you may have guessed, it’s science-based!
- Come get your reading log starting on June 23rd. The program will run from then until August 15th.
- As with every year, children of all ages and reading levels are welcome to participate. Children can read books themselves or be read to by a parent, sibling, or friend.
- Keep an eye out for more information as the time draws closer. We’re so excited!!